Happiness is a choice. It’s not always an easy one, but it is always one you can actively make!
Shawn Achor is an extremely accomplished teacher and author of who focuses on positive psychology. In the TED talk embedded below, he speaks on happiness being the secret to greater levels of success in our work.
I’ve outlined his 5 key steps to increase our experience with happiness. Do these 5 things for 18 days and watch how much more positive your mindset becomes.
1) Bring gratitude to mind – Write down three unique things that you are grateful for each day
2) Journal – Write about a positive experience you’ve had within the last 24hours
3) Exercise – Engage in 15 minutes of mindful cardio activity
4) Meditate – Watch your breath go in and out for 2 minutes a day
5) Engage in a random, conscious act of kindness – Write a 2-minute positive email thanking a friend or colleague, or compliment someone you admire on social media
Check out the complete talk below, and take the first step towards increasing your happiness!